Umicore is a global leader in materials technology, as well as the recycling of precious metals and batteries. It is focused on application fields where its expertise in materials science, chemistry and metallurgy is widely recognized. Umicore is centered on three business groups: Catalysis, Energy & Surface Technologies and Recycling.
Portfolio value 03/31/2023
Net dividend 12/31/2022
Umicore operates in industries with high barriers to entry, underpinned by favorable long-term trends: (i) automotive (electric vehicles, battery recycling, catalysts for combustion engines) and (ii) precious metals' recycling:
- Mobility transformation and vehicle electrification
- Global focus on improving air quality and more stringent emission controls
- Resource scarcity and battery recycling.
Within these fields, Umicore is a world leader, leveraging the following key strengths:
- Solid know-how with pioneering technologies and world-class processes
- High-quality and increasingly diversified production global footprint
- Sustainability champion with a recognized leadership in ESG matters, including responsible sourcing of precious metals
- A solid balance sheet to finance ambitious development projects.
Board of Directors 2/9*
Audit Committee 1/3*
Remuneration and Nomination Committee 1/5*
- Board of Directors Audit Committee
- Board of Directors Remuneration and Nomination Committee
* Number of GBL's representatives in statutory bodies in relation to the total number of members. Governance information is dated 12/31/2021, except where superseded by more recent public disclosures.