Umicore is a global group specialised in materials technology and the recycling of precious metals. Its activity is focused on application fields where its expertise in materials science, chemistry and metallurgy is widely recognized. It is centered on three business groups: Catalysis, Energy & Surface Technologies and Recycling.
Excluding the reimbursements by the French tax authorities of withholding taxes which had been applied to Total and ENGIE dividends
Umicore operates in industries such as automotive and precious metals’ recycling, characterised by high barriers to entry and exposed to strong long-term trends:
- Megatrend of vehicle electrification
- Global focus on improving air quality
- Resource scarcity.
Umicore is a world leader in these fields, notably with the following strengths:
- Solid know-how with pioneering technologies and world class process
- High-quality and increasingly diversified production global footprint
- A recognized leadership in ESG matters, including responsible sourcing of precious metals
- A solid balance sheet to finance ambitious development projects.