Umicore is a global group specialised in materials technology and the recycling of precious metals. It is focused on application fields where its expertise in materials science, chemistry and metallurgy is widely recognized. It is centered on three business groups: Catalysis, Energy & Surface Technologies and Recycling.
Umicore operates primarily in the automotive and precious metals’ recycling industries, characterized by high barriers to entry and benefitting from strong & accelerating megatrends:
- Mobility transformation, including the sub-trends of vehicle electrification and increasing global focus on improving air quality & more stringent emission control
- Increasing resource scarcity, further highlighting the importance of circularity
- Growing need for advanced materials in all aspects of human life.
Within these fields, Umicore is a world leader, leveraging the following key strengths:
- Reliable transformation partner for customers, offering highly tailored solutions and a full and differentiated value proposition all along the value chain
- Innovation & technology leader, combining solid know-how with pioneering technologies and world class processes
- Sustainability champion with recognized leadership in ESG matters, including responsible sourcing of precious metals
- Excellence in execution, achieving competitive cost positions while maintaining the utmost quality standards