SGS provides tailored inspection, verification, testing and certification solutions to its customers to make their commercial activities faster, simpler and more efficient. Its worldwide network consists of over 96,000 employees at more than 2,600 offices and laboratories.
The industry is characterized by high barriers to entry, fragmentation and attractive fundamentals:
- Global need across industries for safety and traceability
- Expansion and ageing of infrastructure
- Outsourcing of activities
- Development of regulations and compliance demands
- Growing complexity of products
- New digital growth areas including e-commerce
- Consolidation in multiple sectors.
In this sector, SGS offers a particularly attractive profile:
- World leader
- Best in class profitability, returns and cash flow generation
- Diversified portfolio
- Ideally positioned to take advantage of growth opportunities
- Resilient across economic cycles
- Solid balance sheet in support of M&A and attractive shareholder remuneration.