Since its inception in 1967 as a small-sized Spanish operator, Parques Reunidos has become one of the leading operators of leisure parks in Europe and the US, through organic growth and multiple acquisitions, including Bobbejaanland (Belgium, 2004), Mirabilandia (Italy, 2006), Warner (Spain, 2007) and Palace Entertainment (US, 2007).
The company operates amusement, animal and water parks with a portfolio of regional and local parks, which have strong local brands.
The local and regional leisure park market benefits from structural factors, including:
- Appeal of experience
- “Staycation”(1) effect providing resilience during downturn
- High industry fragmentation with build-up potential
Parques Reunidos is uniquely positioned:
- Portfolio of over 60 parks in multiple countries with well-known brands
- Multiple avenues of organic and external growth
- Ability to transfer best practices to newly-acquired parks
(1) Vacation where one returns home each night