Since its inception in 1975, Pernod Ricard has built up the most premium portfolio in the industry and has become the world’s number two player in the Wine & Spirits market through organic growth as well as transformational and tuck-in acquisitions. The portfolio includes strategic international and local brands along with specialty brands that the group produces and distributes through its own worldwide distribution network.
The spirits market is supported by favorable long-term trends, in particular:
- Expanding urban population, especially in emerging markets
- Growing market share compared to beer
- Premiumization by consumers.
Pernod Ricard has a steady and diversified growth and profitability profile:
- Number two player worldwide with one of the industry’s most complete brand portfolios
- Systematic upmarket move thanks to its superior quality and innovative products
- Numerous high potential brands, including recent successful acquisitions
- Leading positions in categories such as cognac, whisky and rum
- Unique geographical exposure with twin-engines of growth in China and India.
After several years of focus on deleveraging, Pernod Ricard has increased its shareholder returns through an increased payout ratio and a share buyback program.
Board of Directors 1/14*
Strategic Committee 1/10*
Compensation Committee 1/4*
- Board of Directors Strategic Committee Compensation Committee