Holcim is a world leader in construction materials and solutions. The company offers the most innovative cement, concrete, and aggregates solutions to meet its customers’ needs. The group employs approximately 70,000 persons in around 60 countries and has a balanced presence in developing and mature markets.
The building materials industry is supported by:
- Increasing urbanization
- Demand for sustainable construction
- Rising living standards, driving quality housing and infrastructure needs.
Holcim is well positioned to address those megatrends:
- Leader in the building materials and solutions sector
- Portfolio exposed towards the most promising regions in terms of growth
- Improving operating performance and strength of the balance sheet.
However, the group is facing the following challenges:
- Industry dynamics have been challenging in selected regions and may continue to be
- Increasingly ESG requirements and awareness will require significant investments.
- Board of Directors Nomination, Compensation & Governance Committee