GEA is a world leader in the supply of equipment and project management for a wide range of processing industries. Its technology focuses on components and production processes for various markets, particularly in the Food & Beverage sectors. The company employs more than 18,100 people worldwide.
The industry combines favorable long-term trends, consolidation opportunities and high barriers to entry:
- Food & Beverage end-markets driven by urbanization with growing middle class
- Increasing focus on food safety and quality
- Greater interest in energy efficient automation.
In this sector, GEA is a global leader that offers upside potential:
- Global leader with #1 or #2 positions in most of its markets
- Unique technology, know-how and innovation power
- New management team focusing on accelerating medium term organic growth and improving profitability
- Solid cash generation and balance sheet profile
- Good positioning to seize consolidation opportunities
- Supervisory Board Presiding Committee Nomination committee