GEA is a world leader in the supply of equipment and project management for a wide range of processing industries. Its technology and services focus on components and manufacturing solutions for various markets, particularly in the Food & Beverage and Pharmaceutical sectors. The company employs more than 18,100 people worldwide.
The industry combines favorable long-term trends, consolidation opportunities and high barriers to entry:
- Food & Beverage end-markets driven by urbanization with growing middle class
- Pharmaceutical end-markets driven by ageing population and increasing health awareness
- Continuing focus on safety and quality in both Food & Beverages and Pharmaceuticals
- Greater interest in energy efficient automation and ESG more broadly.
GEA is a global leader offering significant upside potential:
- #1 or #2 positions in most of its markets
- Unique technology, know-how, innovation as well as leadership in ESG
- Proven management team focusing on accelerating medium-term organic growth and improving profitability
- Increasing exposure to attractive margin operations such as its service segment
- Solid cash generation and balance sheet profile
- Good positioning to seize consolidation opportunities.
- Supervisory Board Presiding Committee Nomination committee